of Service and Customer Satisfaction
It was no surprise that Paul and Ruth Gauer became successful in business.
Since the first day they opened their company in September 1949, the one
product that they have always delivered is satisfaction. It is the one
main thread that continues even to today.
While a machinist at Akrons BF Goodrich Company, Paul and Ruth began
a part time lawn mower and small engine repair shop. It wasnt long
until customers discovered not only a skilled craftsman but also a caring
shop owner. Soon, Paul made the decision to leave Goodrich and dedicate
his total effort to his new business. As the company grew Paul and Ruth
saw yet another customer need and they expanded into the construction
equipment sales and rental business.
Since 1960, Gauer Service and Supply Company has been a member
of the American Rental Association which is the national
organization for the rental industry.
In 1969, Gauer Rental built what is now our existing main building. Several
additions have been added, nearly doubling the original building size.
In May, 1977, the company became registered with the State of Ohio as
a corporate entity and is officially known as Gauer Service & Supply