following safety rules apply to all Branches of Gauer Rental
At Gauer Rental Safety Is A Very Important Part Of Our
1. Gauer Rental equipment is to be operated by only properly
trained, experienced, competent, prudent, qualified operators.
2. Always wear the correct and approved Personal Protective Equipment
3. Never operate equipment for jobs they were not designed nor intended
4. Always have available on the job a fire extinguisher & first aid
5. Operate powered equipment in well ventilated areas only. Many construction
machines produce carbon monoxide gas. This gas is odorless & poisonous.
Carbon Monoxide produced during use can kill!
6. Never run a machine out of fuel. Never fuel a hot or running machine.
7. Follow all precautions associated with flammable gasoline and combustible
diesel and kerosene fuels. No smoking or open flames around fuels.
Use approved containers to transport fuels. Use extreme caution in
8. Never let a machine run unattended. Always monitor a machine's operation.
9. Electrical precautions:
a. Use grounding 3-prong outlets.
b. Ground generators and welders when using as required by code.
c. Use only GFCI equipped plugs or cords with grounding outlets.
d. Follow National Electrical Code rules. Comply with safety standards.
e. Never use electrical equipment while you are damp or in water.
f. Do not use electrical equipment or internal combustion engines near
flammable liquids, vapors or mists.
g. Never use any electrical device that appears damaged!
10. NEVER use compressed air from our air compressors for breathing
11. Comply with all OSHA regulations, OSHA fall protection, OSHA lock-out
tag-out regulations, OSHA trench regulations, OSHA confined space regulations
along with all E.P.A. regulations if using our rental equipment.
12. Roll Over Protective Systems (Roll over concerns)
a. Wear seat-belt if a machine is equipped with Roll Over Protective
b. Our tractors & loaders are designed for flat level surfaces. They
are not equipped nor designed for slope & hill work.
c. Do not use our rental equipment on steep inclines or steep hills.
13. Never force, jam, or overload any machine past its recommended
14. Max tow speed on our towed equipment is 50 mph unless otherwise
noted. Always tow equipment only with adequate size vehicles and with
hooked up and operational.
15. Know the location of all underground utility lines (gas, electric,
phone, water, cable, etc.) before digging.
16. Know the location of all overhead utility lines before driving
or working beneath the lines.
17. CAUTION: The rental customer is fully responsible for Loss, Theft & Damages
and for providing insurance protection for all rented equipment.
18. WARNING: Use extreme care when painting or sandblasting around
rental equipment or around any machinery or equipment. Equipment can
and costly paint jobs can be destroyed.